Modification of Family Law Orders in Boise, Idaho

A non-married parent can file for modification of orders relating to child custody, child visitation and child support any time there is a "substantial material change" in circumstances affecting either parent's ability to raise the children.

The lawyers at Kormanik & Sneed LLP in Boise, Idaho work as a team to provide efficient and experienced representation to help meet our clients' goals while pursuing the best interests of the children. Our attorneys provide personal service and work to maintain free, open lines of communication with clients. To discuss modification of orders with a lawyer, call 208.288.1888 or contact us online today.

As time passes, the circumstances of our lives change. At Kormanik & Sneed LLP, we look to the future and attempt to help our clients anticipate and avoid the need to modify child support as well as custody and visitation orders. However, if the need comes, or if your former spouse attempts to impose an unfair modification of an order, we can help.

What is a "Substantial Material Change"?

You can only qualify for modification of an order if there has been a substantial material change in your life, your spouse's life or your child's life. Anything that significantly affects either parent's ability to help care for the child can qualify. This may be a change in income, a health problem, a sudden descent into drug or alcohol abuse or the desire to relocate to a new area.

Even very predictable events can qualify as a substantial change. For example, if the child was two years old at the time of the divorce and is now seven, you may be able to obtain approval for modification of orders related to child support and child custody.

To learn more, schedule an initial consultation with one of our family law attorneys. Call 208.288.1888 or contact us online.